Viet Nam is the fastest growing country in Southeast Asia. One aspect of this growth historically and contemporarily has been the contributions of the overseas Vietnamese or Việt Kiều. Even shortly after the war, those in diaspora sought ways to send medical supplies and other important materials for societal survival. This has evolved into organized humanitarian organizations founded and run by Việt Kiều to address some of Viet Nam’s most pressing societal issues.
This event is to generate discussions around Viet Nam's development, civil society, soft diplomacy, and the role of the overseas Vietnamese and others in helping to assist the people in Viet Nam.
Our panel will include a diverse representation of overseas Vietnamese engaged in humanitarian work in Viet Nam:
• Caroline Nguyen, Executive Director & Founder of Catalyst Foundation
• Quyen Vuong, Director of International Children Assistance Network
• Xuan Nguyen, former Director of Refugee Women's Network
• Huanvy Phan, Director of Viet House Foundation
• James Dien Bui, Director of Lotus Funds
For more information, please visit our Facebook event page.